Re: Question

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 08:48:50 EDT

The University of Chicago book is _New Testament Greek Workbook: an
Inductive Study of the Complete Text of Gospel of John_. 2nd ed. by James
Arthur Walther. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1980. ISBN:
0-226-87239-4. It is available from for $30.00

It is good book if you want to study gospel of John. A better book if you
have access to a good library is Marvin Wilson andChris Vlachos's _A
Workbook for New Testament Greek: Grammar and Exegesis in 1 John._Peabody,
Massachusetts: Hendrickson, 1998. My undergraduates were extremely
enthusiastic about Wilson/Vlachos. Chris Vlachos is a regular member of the
B-Greek List.

At 11:07 PM 5/26/2000 -0600, you wrote:
> I have the Everyman's Greek and Hebrew book by Ed Goodrick which I got at
> That is in reply to Michaels question of trying to locate it. I
>just got it.
> Michael referred to a second semester book printed by University of Chicago
>Press on translating the Gospel of John. I would like to know more
>information so that I may obtain a copy.
> I am curious with regards to recomended literary works that can be used
>to further my learning of greek if anyone has some input.
> I was also wanting see if members of the list had any input on:
> Greek Grammer by Mounce
> New Testament Greek by Eric G. Jay (A Introductory Grammer)
> Finally recomendations for College level independant study courses. Is
>there a institution that memebers would recomend a distance learning study
>program in Greek?
> Don Myers
>B-Greek home page:
>You are currently subscribed to b-greek as:
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
>To subscribe, send a message to
Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library
1815 Union Ave.
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
United States of America
423/493-4252 (office)
423/698-9447 (home)
423/493-4497 (FAX) (preferred) (alternate)