Re: CD Lexicon?

Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 05:57:01 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/2000 2:17:52 AM Central Standard Time, writes:

 I am curious about whether there is a lexicon available on CD and if so
 whatthe cost is and how I could get a copy.
 I have been on the Perseus site and looked up a few forms. I found it
 difficult and time consuming, not at all what I would hope to expect from
 such a program. There is another one listed on the NT gateway but I found
 to be even more difficult.
 Since I have now gotten used to SPIonic font and its peculiarities (x for
 and c for xi) that font would be a great benefit. I would be willing to pay
 more for it than to get a paper lexicon from a bookstore, but it must be
 easier to use or why waste the money. >>

There are a number of lexica on CD. Logos has several, Accordance has some
(?). I believe there is something from Online Bible as well. The Accordance
people like to claim theirs is better -- I'm not convinced. Since I haven't
used it, I won't make any comments. You will, however, need to use a
different font from SPIonic. Logos uses GraecaII. I don't know what
Accordance uses. The website for Logos is <A HREF="">www.logos.c
om</A>. Gramcord has Accordance <A HREF="">>.
I was just looking at the Online Bible site. Its considerably cheaper;
however, it appears to be quite dated.
I have no idea what font they use.