Re: Commentaries

From: Frank W. Hughes (fwhughes@sunbeach.net)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 06:39:21 EDT

<x-html>
On the Gospel of John I think that C. K. Barrett's commentary deals well
with the syntax of the Greek text.
Rigaux, <u>Saint Paul.&nbsp; Les epitres aux Thessaloniciens</u> (Etudes
bibliques; Paris: J. Gabalda; Gembloux: J. Ducolot, 1956), which really
does deal with the Greek text in detail.&nbsp; In English there is the
lengthy older commentary by G. L&uuml;nemann, <u>Critical and Exegetical
Handbook to the Epistles of St. Paul to the Thessalonians</u> (this was
an English translation of the first edition of the Meyer-Kommentar) published
by T. &amp; T. Clark in 1880.
that their readers know Greek and have access to reference grammars like
Moulton-Turner or Blass-Debrunner-Funk.&nbsp; I am quite enthusiastic about
the new grammar by Daniel Wallace, <u>Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics</u>.&nbsp;
For tough grammatical questions I would turn first either to Wallace or
to Smyth, <u>Greek Grammar</u>.

</x-html>