Re: NT Greek and LXX Greek Question

From: Steve Puluka (
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 06:37:40 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <>
To: "Biblical Greek" <>
Cc: "Biblical Greek" <>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: NT Greek and LXX Greek Question

> At 22:35 02/06/00, Emory Pitts wrote:
> >Could this individual, with additional vocabulary, be able to study the
> Just in the narrow area of grammar alone, you woul need:
> Conybear, F.C, and St.George Stock. Grammar of Septuagint Greek. With
> selected readings from the Septuagint according to the text of Swete.
> Peabody, Mass: Hendrickson, 1988.
I can vouch for this being a good continuation book for a beginner. I found
this book very helpful. The front portion spells out a number of exceptions
to normal classical Greek grammar in the Septuagint while the back two
thirds provides guided reading assignments. Each includes a brief
introduction to the story and a description of unusual features at the
bottom of each page. In the back is a scriptural & ancient text index that
points you to the section of the grammar that particular verses are
discussed, a vocabulary, and an index of words discussed.

Steve Puluka
Consultar for Adult Education