Re: Pronunciation of

From: Randy Leedy (
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 07:41:12 EDT

Wieland Willker wrote:

>>>As far as I know his name is Georg Benedict Winer. Georg and
Benedict are normal German names.
Winer is pronounced "Wee-ner".

I think you must be right, Wieland. The title page to my copy puts
the name in Anglicanized form, but bibliographic searches turn up this
spelling: Georg Benedikt Winer.

Do I pronounce the name exactly as I would if it were spelled Wiener,
or is there a slight difference? My German, slight as it is, is all
geared toward reading, so I appreciate the help with pronunciation.
Feel free to respond off-list if you prefer.

Randy Leedy