Greek N.T. papyrus, et al

From: dennis (dcrossen@dcrossen.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 13:38:34 EDT

Hello all,

This is my first post to the list and hope that my question is not 'too
far' off target.

I have acquired several manuscripts and desire that they be properly
preserved.
The range of dates are as early as the 12th century until the early 20th
century.

1. Regarding history:

Does anyone know how I can obtain a professional digital image of these
manuscripts so that I can add them to the arena of historical
scholarship ?

A manuscript dated 1569 and text heading "Pros Ebraious" has a marking
"Stetit???? Greek" which was (apparently) pencilled in modern times for
categorization. Does anyone know what category this would be ?

Another manuscript dated 1828 and text heading "Pros Galatas" has many
'modern' markings with one obvious "Pickering" word recognized. The
page is from chapter 3 from verses 14:29 which I have verified in my
Nestle-Aland N.T. Anyone care to offer some history here ?

2. Regarding conservation:

I have delivered one manuscript dated 1160 a.d. from Switzerland of
Marcus VI:2 to the "Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts"
for an analysis report. It is in relatively good condition and I plan
to have it framed in UV glass on both sides since text is written on
both sides.

I am still awaiting the results of the report and still have time before
I give the OK for framing. Is my plan to preserve it by framing the
'most-correct' way ? I'm realying on the advice of the Conservator.

Any commentary (no matter how off-target) would be appreciated either
on-line or off-line.

Thank you !

Dennis C.