Re: Off Topic: Bible Versions

From: Mark Goodacre (
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 10:46:29 EDT

On 7 Jun 00, at 15:37, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

> To those who have responded on and off List to my question on online
> editions of certain Bible versions and/or supplied me with the texts I
> was looking for from those versions, many, many thanks.
> In case anyone is interested in whether Tyndale etc. can be found on
> line, the answer (so far) is No.

Apologies for coming late to this thread; I am just emerging from a
very heavy admin. load. As far as I know, that is right -- there is no
public domain Tyndale Bible on-line. If you are lucky enough to
belong to an institution that subscribes to the Chadwyck-Healey
database of literature, you can access Tyndale & a whole variety of
English bibles 970-present ( on line.

There is an excellent web site on Tyndale at There is an on-line version of the
Geneva Study Bible on Goshen at

If one is looking at Luke, one does have the Polyglot Bible
( -- this features lots of different
versions of Luke, including Tyndale, Wycliffe and the like.

Dr Mark Goodacre
  Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom
  The New Testament Gateway