[b-greek] re: tense

From: Suedaleg@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 02:23:42 EDT

Thanks for all the mail.

I was thinking about this on the way home this afternoon because it relates
to my ongoing studies in Galatians. (I'm finally in chapter 6). I also
remember seeing the same ideas come up in my recent look at Colossians. My
next section to tackle will be Luke. My prep work has shown that he uses the
language differently that Paul and I hope to learn more of how this works.

I came to realize that the subject of the usage of tense/aspect would make a
good subject for a lengthy paper. I am going to see if I can tackle such a
thing this summer. I think that by doing such a thing I can learn more
accuratly how the Greeks used their verbs to convey their thoughts.

I will appreciate all thoughts on this subject as I do my research, and I
hope to have something worthwhile when finished. I promise to keep this list
posted as to my progress ( and probably ask for help and advice along the
way).

Thanks for all your help.
Dale Greenlee