[b-greek] Re: apologies ( hUIOQESIA)

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 07:39:11 EDT

At 1:31 PM +0200 7/3/00, Eszter wrote:
>Hello, list members!
>
>Apologies for my last, not really up-to-date mail. I see that the
>question was discussed much deeper in other mailings.
>
>And a complaint, too: sometimes the mailings from the list arrive to my
>mailbox in reversed order, I recieve an answer and later on the question.
>Is it only my problem?

I really think this is something that happens to all of us, depending on
where we happen to be receiving internet messages in the world. Nearness to
the home sender, which is situated in the Research Triangle area of the
North Carolina piedmont may conceivably bear some relationship to the speed
and order in which one receives list-messages, but I'm currently about 200
miles away from that sender and I do sometimes receive messages sent more
recently sooner than messages sent a day previous. I think this all has to
do with the "packets" in which hundreds of messages travel together to
various destinations around the world on the internet. And I don't think
there's a thing we can do to alter this, unfortunately.

Co-Chair, B-Greek List