[b-greek] Re: help please

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 03:25:48 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2000 6:35:30 PM Central Standard Time,
lorraine@shotton.freeserve.co.uk writes:

<<
 I have done some reading concerning the LXX, mainly connected with canon,
 and found proposals that there was "A divine name controversy" somewhat
 surprising. I would be interested in finding out if there is any substance
 to this controversy (concerning the LXX and not other Greek versions of
 Hebrew Scripture) and concisely upon what evidence it may be based.

Could you be slightly more specific regarding your question? How they
translated the tetragrammaton?

gfsomsel