[b-greek] Mk 10:20 aspectology

From: yochanan bitan-buth (ButhFam@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 02:39:29 EDT

>Now I would expect one of the latter-day proponents of aspectology to
>the question why do see the form EFULAXAMHN here? Is this question worth

In the later Koine the perfect and aorist started to decay, fall together
more frequently. This aorist appears to be like a perfect. Since it is also
in a Gospel text one may/should ask if this reflects a Semitic background,
since one Hebrew form covers both aorist and perfect. I haven't checked the
context or parallels for confirmation.

Randall Buth