[b-greek] Re: Phil. 2.7 (first set of questions)

From: Steve Puluka (spuluka@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 06:38:04 EDT

I just want to echo Carl's comments on the importance of the concept
attached to KENOSIS in the Christian East. I will not broach the rich
theology on the subject on-list but wish to provide an introductory
reference for those interested:

Lossky, Vladimir. The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church. St.
Vladimir's Seminary Press. Crestwood, NY. 1976

Chapter Seven, The Economy of the Son, covers the topic, particularly, page
144 discuss this issue.

You will also find a number of past threads in the archives on this topic.
If memory serves, December of 99 had a very interesting exchange on this
passage.

Steve Puluka
Chairman Adult Education Committee