[b-greek] Re: ABS prices

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 15:53:42 EDT

<x-flowed>At 12:27 PM 9/12/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Try Barnes & Noble. I have saved significant amounts on ABS books. I
>saved thirty dollars on the Louw & Nida Lexicon. Barnes & Noble gets a
>better than forty percent discount and resells for only a dollar or two
>profit -- go figure. Try other Internet book sellers. If you can't find

That would be a major change if they got a 40% discount from ABS. In the
past, ABS sold to individuals, bookstores, and wholesalers for the exact
same price. Bookstores then had to add a mark up *above* the list price to
cover their expenses. I suppose this could be a change in that policy if
they are, indeed, selling to B&N, Amazon, etc, at a discount. (And it might
also explain the new high prices.) But I'd not assume that such is the case
just because other publishers normally give dealers a 40% cut.

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm