[b-greek] Matthew's Greek

From: Gert Young (ANCIENT6@AKAD.SUN.AC.ZA)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 11:25:01 EDT

Hallo,

Given the idiosyncrasies of the greek of the Gospel of Matthew, is
it possible to make general statements about the structure of
Biblical Greek/Koine Greek/Hellenistic based on data from
Matthew's Gospel? (I suspect that some may say so, but before I
can say that Matthew's greek is not a true reflection of spoken
greek of the 1st century A.D., we have to define/describe the
properties of spoken greek in 1st century Palestine.)
In the end the question could simply be "What kind of
generalizations could be made referring to data from the Gospel of
Matthew?"

Thanks
Gert Young
[Moderator's reminder: posters will please sign posts with full name in accordance with list Netiquette; thanks, cwc]