[b-greek] Fwd: Re: DUOIN

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 11:36:09 EDT

Again today I'm forwarding this message sent by Dennis Hukel to me
regarding a couple of issues that came up yesterday regarding (a) use of
the dual in Hellenistic Greek, and (b) use of the Iota Adscript in
Hellenistic Greek. As Maurice O'Sullivan quipped to me a day or so ago
privately, it pays to read some Greek BEYOND the Biblical text, even if
only to guard oneself from making overgeneralizations about Biblical,i.e.
about Hellenistic Greek.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu