[b-greek] Re: Greek font

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 15:16:40 EDT

<x-flowed>At 15:19 30/09/00, ronhenzel@mediaone.net wrote:

>I'm planning to upload some pages to the web that I want to contain Greek
>alphabet characters. So I want to use a (preferrably freeware) font that
>is commonly used and accessible to the average web surfer

There's a very nice Greek font package -- for Windows or Mac -- available
_free_ for download at:

You can always put a link to the above on your webpage so that your readers
can avail of it.

There is also a widely used free Greek font ( as well as Hebrew, Syriac and
Coptic.) available on the Society for Biblical Literature site:
You'll get information there too on encoding.

There is a Microsoft page ( outdate, designed for Win95 users) at:

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]