[b-greek] Re: 1 John questions

From: Brian Swedburg (brian@discoveryhills.org)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 12:06:29 EDT

<x-html>
Greetings Mark and list,
to the behavior of the antichrists of ch 2, and not require a limiting
"only".&nbsp; I also think that sometimes a "Western" culture is being
eisegeted into the text when we worry about the need for an "only" when
John is being purposefully contrastive (ALLA).&nbsp; This is NOT a slam
on your inquiry, just an observation that perhaps in ancient Asia Minor,
John did not want to say "only".
we add</i>
loving in</i>
manner. In</i>
of MONON</i>
phrase</i>
hOTI.</i>
hOTI.</i>

---<BR>
B-Greek home page: http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek>
You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [
jwrobie@mindspring.com]<BR>