[b-greek] Re: EN EKEINWi TWi KAIRWi = TOTE ???

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 00:23:21 EST

Concerning this:

>Now, to the question at hand. In Matthew 11:25, I read EN EKEINWi TWi
>KAIRWi (at that [appointed] time). I am wondering is this has the same
>effect as TOTE (then, at that time).

I don't think the emphasis is on a divinely "appointed" time.

KAIROS may simply indicate a "specific" or "calculated moment." Hence,
Matthew may simply be implying that Christ's prayer to the Father was
articulated at that specific moment for a reason.

If anything, I would understand KAIROS to draw attention to the "specific"
or "strategic" moment Christ prayed. In other words, why is the prayer
articulated at that specific moment.

My thoughts,

Mark Wilson