[b-greek] Re: Z text of GNT

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 13:49:05 EST

on 11/20/00 9:53 AM, Rodney J. Decker wrote:

> Z. *does* have a useable modern, eclectic Greek NT that they
> *own* that could be used for such a project. This is the same text that
> they used for the "odd" Reverse Interlinear that they just published. It is
> a derived text in that they (actually John Kohlenberger) worked backwards
> from the NIV, selecting the variants accepted by the NIV translation team.

This Z text sounds like the same concept as the GNT which was produced
backwards from the KJV where they editors corrected the TR to make it more
KJV compliant. Can't say I would have much enthusiasm for a text that was
made to reflect the NIV. If Z does produce such a text the cover should be
embossed with a big Z across the front so that it can be easily identified
as the NIV GNT.

As long as the professors keep requiring the UBSGNT 4th ed. as a text book,
there will be little market for a new GNT. I suspect professors will
continue to do this because of the aparatus and other helps bundled with the
text which are all under copywrite.

Thanks Rod,