[b-greek] Re: Barnes and Ignoble?

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 09:00:28 EST

At 09:21 PM 11/26/00 +1100, you wrote:

>The following title has been backordered:
>QTY PRICE TITLE (Expected Ship Date)
>--- ----- ------------------------------ ------------------
> 1 $52.00 A Greek-English Lexicon of the 12/17/2000
>I understood I was getting it for $US42.

ah the old bait and switch trick....

>Jim! Get down off the roof! You were right!

ok- cuz it was getting cold up here. glad to see someone recognizes my
inherent correctness. could you please tell my wife i'm always right too? ;-)

>Why do people offer to supply stuff they ain't got?

cuz they's crazy to believe (certain) publishers.

>BTW, We have 12 months per year in Australia, not 17! I guess this is to
>allow more time to clear up the recent election fiasco.

oh see you use a common sense shorthand which uses day-month-year. we here
in the states- for some reason known only to God- we use a shorthand system
which uses month-day-year which is of course totally illogical- just like
our electoral college...... and florida.....

(inherently right.... all the time)

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology
Adjunct Professor of Ancient Near Eastern Studies, Hudson College