[b-greek] Re: Question for Sunday

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 02:39:05 EST

on 11/25/00 2:35 PM, clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:

> on 11/25/00 1:26 PM, Wieland Willker wrote:
>
>> Those who need something to do over the Sunday:
>>
>> Go to the Amazon homepage and look for the new book
>> "Invitation to the Septuagint"
>> by Karen H. Jobes and Moises Silva
>> then click on the book cover.
>>
>> What text is displayed on the papyrus?
>
> Weiland,
>
> Looks like Gen. 14:14.

Still waiting for someone who knows the answer to this to speak up?
Is this leaf part of P. Oxy. IV 656 which H.B. Swete* lists as containing
some verses from Gen. 14?

I spent more time looking at the image but the more I stare at it the more
my confidence erodes concerning the identification of this text, Gen. 14:14.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

H. B. Swete, Intor. to OT in Greek page 508.