[b-greek] BDAG: LOVE in John 21:15-17

From: One of the McKays (musicke@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 21:29:44 EST

Just looked up AGAPAW and FILEW in my new BDAG.
In the article on FILEW, we read: [page 1056, column 2 section 1a]
Some think that here FILEW seems to be = to AGAPAW, see the literature
there, pro and con, but a more intimate relationship may be implied [by
FILEW]; one can extend "love" in general, but close friendship is limited.

I bought my copy through advice on this list from Barnes and Noble. It cost
me about $90, with a special pre-publication offer. I am delighted to say
that it is being sold in Australia at Koorong Books for $237!!! So, I guess
it was worth taking the plunge!

David McKay
musicke@ozemail.com.au