[b-greek] dangling dative...

From: . callee (callee@canoemail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 12:05:27 EST

Hello,
This is my first post, so please excuse any oddities. I'm wondering
if any of you can help me out with a real basic question. In Gal
2:20 there seems to be an extra article that I am not sure what to do
with. In the second half of the verse, we have a nice little chiasm,
verb, prep. phrase, prep. phrase, verb (zw en sarki en pistei zw),
which is sensibly followed by an instrumental genative, (tou uiou tou
theou) In between however, is this odd dative article. It seems to
be attached to nothing, there is not even a suitable noun preceeding
it that it could be referring to as a pronoun (and even if it was,
how would we translate that in light of the genative?). In short, I
cannot see what to do with this. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Ryan Wettlaufer
South-Hamilton, MA.

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail