[b-greek] Re: Grammar question in Luke 3

From: Iver Larsen (alice-iver_larsen@wycliffe.org)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 13:15:35 EST

> on 2/2/01 11:20 PM, Iver Larsen wrote:
>
> > AUTOS has two (or rather three or four) distinct meanings . . .
>
> What then should we make of AUTOQEOS?
>
> Clay

It is not clear to me what you are asking. Is there a word AUTOQEOS in Greek? Or
did you mean to say AUTO(S) QEOS?
Does that occur anywhere in the NT or maybe in other Greek literature? I cannot
find it in the NT, but AUTOS QEOS would mean "God himself" if it occurs.

I did find in the NT the phrase hO AUTOS QEOS (1 Cor 12:6) meaning "The same
God". The search mechanism I am using for the NT did not reveal any other
sequence AUTO(S) QEOS, but maybe I missed it.

Iver Larsen
Kolding, Denmark
alice-iver_larsen@wycliffe.org