[b-greek] KATA IWANNHN and p66

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 16:57:58 EST

<x-flowed>

I've three questions regarding KATA IWANNHN and p66.

1. p66, dated circa 200, contains the following heading:

   EUAGGELION KATA IWANNHN

(as best my eyes can make out)

Why do we (for example, UBS3) drop the EUAGGELION?

2. I have always been told that John does not identify
himself as the author of the Gospel of John. However, at
least by 200 AD, the heading was there identifying, at
least, someone named John. Since the autographa do not exist,
how do we know that the original Gospel of John did not
have this heading? Is there an older witness than p66
which does NOT contain the heading?

3. Of little significance is this third question, but why
is not the final A dropped from KATA since the following word
begins with a vowel?

Thank you,

Mark Wilson