[b-greek] Re: Grammar

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 14:53:33 EST

At 1:08 PM -0500 2/25/01, Alexander Kyrychenko wrote:
>New Testament Greek for Beginners by J. Gresham Machen:
>
>http://www.ccel.org/m/machen/greek/htm/TOC.htm

It should be borne in mind that when one "purchases" this "free" NT Greek
textbook that's readily accessible on the web, one gets exactly as much as
one pays for: inadequate explanations of Greek constructions, some
questionable made-up Greek sentences to translate into English, and some
still-more-questionable English sentences to translate into Greek. I used
the text myself a few times, so I do have a basis for the judgment.

You should at least be aware of and check out some other alternatives noted
at Micheal Palmer's page entitled "Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway":

http://www.greek-language.com/learn.greek/