[b-greek] Re: 1 Peter 1:11a

From: Clwinbery@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 22:02:40 EST

Mark Markham wrote;

EIS TINA H POION KARION

Time and circumstances (as per NIV)? What person and tine ( per NAS)? Is

there anyway we can be sure what TINA and POION modify? The KARION? Is

TINA to be disassociated from KARION and understood as personal (who)? It

looks like a toss up as far as I can see. What am I missing? Help me,
bitte.<<<<<<<<

The passage is ERAUNWNTES EIS TINA H POION KAIRON EDHLOU TO EN AUTOIS PNEUMA
CRISTOU . . . The question is whether TINA refers to a person or does it
modify KAIRON? If both TINA and POION modify KAIRON then the indirect
question is about what time or kind of time (NIV & ASV). If not then the
question is concerning WHOM or WHAT SORT OF TIME (NAS). The former seems to
me to fit better into this context.

Carlton Winbery
Prof. Religion
Louisiana College