[b-greek] Ephesians 3:13

From: Keith Thompson (keitht@kneptune.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 10:35:09 EST

Hi Dave,
 I thought I'd try answering somebody else's question for a change as I
haven't read any other replies yet, or at least give my opinion...
 Full verse (TR): DIA AITOUMAI MH EKKAKEIN EN TAIS QLIYESI MOU hUPER
hUMWN, hHTIS ESTI DOXA hUMWN.
 You say the singular hHTIS ESTI(N) seems to be referring to the plural
QLIYESI(N). In my opinion the sufferings are not their praise/glory. But
rather that if they not lose heart because of Paul's afflictions on
their behalf, (or for ANY reason) this is their praise or glory. I
reckon it would be plural if it referred to plural QLIYESIN, but as can
be seen from all my messages I'm always uncertain that I fully
understand.

Keith (Manchester, UK)
Email: keitht@kneptune.demon.co.uk

--