[b-greek] Re:looking for a good commentary set

From: Mike Sangrey (msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 20:26:30 EST

"Rion Reece" <rionreece@hotmail.com> said:
> Who is the modern best on Romans?

N.T. Wright's commentary on Romans should be out shortly, and I apologize
for not knowing more details. I'm listening to his tapes on Romans from
Regency. The tapes can be gotten at

or US phone

He ties together the entire book, especially 1 - 11. It's one cohesive
whole. He relies frequently on the Greek text.

BTW, several years ago when he studied through the book, he photo copied
the Greek, taped it to a board attached to his desk and then proceeded
over several months to mark it up with color pens--dashes and lines and
circles, noticing the thematic groupings.

Also, he recorded some of the epistles in Greek and then would listen
to them while doing other things...like his wash. <chuckle> He says he
can still recite most of Galatians.
Mike Sangrey
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."