[b-greek] Re:looking for a good commentary set

From: Mike Sangrey (msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 20:26:30 EST

"Rion Reece" <rionreece@hotmail.com> said:
> Who is the modern best on Romans?

N.T. Wright's commentary on Romans should be out shortly, and I apologize
for not knowing more details. I'm listening to his tapes on Romans from
Regency. The tapes can be gotten at

    http://www.regentbookstore.com
or US phone
    1-800-663-8664.

He ties together the entire book, especially 1 - 11. It's one cohesive
whole. He relies frequently on the Greek text.

BTW, several years ago when he studied through the book, he photo copied
the Greek, taped it to a board attached to his desk and then proceeded
over several months to mark it up with color pens--dashes and lines and
circles, noticing the thematic groupings.

Also, he recorded some of the epistles in Greek and then would listen
to them while doing other things...like his wash. <chuckle> He says he
can still recite most of Galatians.
--
Mike Sangrey
msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org