[b-greek] Does anybody read other responses to queries?

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 06:24:03 EST

I'm glad to see the list becoming active ("hyperactive"?) after some rather
lethargic days, but in view of the responses to the question about Acts
7:59, I rather wonder whether people who are responding to queries are
paying any attention to answers that others have already given; it appears
to me that there've been half a dozen identical grammatical explanations of
why the utterance of Stephen cannot be attributed to his executioners. I've
suggested in the past that people should read through all the new messages
(and see whether anyone has already given the same response one is inclined
to offer) before responding to a query, but that suggestion just seems to
run counter to natural inclinations. Nevertheless I offer it once again:
why not read what others may have already offered by way of response before
adding another that may give the same perspective on the grammar?