[b-greek] Questions as part of conditional statements?

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 14:34:12 EST

<x-flowed>
I'm curious re. the use of questions as part of conditional statements. How
is the condition to be understood when this happens? I've browsed some
grammars this afternoon, but haven't found any discussion of this. The only
passing reference that I did find was in Wallace: "Often when a question is
asked in the apodosis, the author does not embrace the truth of the
protasis" (GGBB, 692). Any thoughts? Or pointers to a published discussion
of this?

Thanks,

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Assoc. Prof./NT PO Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
rdecker@bbc.edu http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
XNS Universal Address: =RodDecker
The *Resources for NT Study* site is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm