[b-greek] Re: New Testament Verses in the OT and LXX

From: Clwinbery@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 21:20:24 EST

Concerning quotes and allusions from the Heb. Bible in the GNT, The first
edition of the GNT UBS had far more quotes and allusions than any editions
since. I like the policy of the first edition so that I can decide for myself
whether something is a loose quote or an allusion or perhaps should not even
be associated with the NT verse. I especially use the 1st edition when
studying the use of Ps 110 as messianic in the NT.

Carlton Winbery
Prof. Religion

LA. College