[b-greek] Re: Looking for a good commentary set.

From: Bill Garrison (BillGarrison@msn.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 07:55:58 EST

Subject: Re: Looking for a good commentary set.
From: BillGarrison@msn.com

Jim:

I'm surprised no one mentioned A.T. Robertson's Word Pictures in the New
Testament. It's dated, but covers the entire NT and interacts
intensively with the Greek. It's reprint edition is heavily discounted
but I prefer the electronic edition which is included in BibleWorks 4.0.
I like to synchronize it with the GNT text in a side window as I read.

By the way, computerized Bible programs enable easy use of commentaries
while maintaining a focus on the Biblical text in front of us. When
using the Logos Bible program, I like to split the screen into three
windows which contain: Greek/Hebrew text, an English translation, and a
commentary. Using the right/left arrow keys enambles Logos users to
instantly switch between multiple Bible versions and multiple
commentaries. Currently I have 12 Bible version and 10 commentaries
available on Logos plus a host of other resources such as maps,
dictionaries, atlases, lexicons, etc.

Bill Garrison, MS, MA
Baltimore, MD.
ThM student: Biblical Theological Seminary
MDiv student: Capital Bible Seminary
Bill Garrison@msn.com