[b-greek] Re: translating German

From: Sylvia Schmitz (Sylvia.Schmitz@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 00:34:18 EST

Dear Bill,

I just read your request concerning a German to English dictionary. As I am a
graduate t

Bill Starkey schrieb:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> Can someone suggest a German to English translator for Microsoft Word?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Bill Starkey
Dear Bill,

I just read your request concerning a German to English dictionary. As I am a
graduate translator, I can evaluate, whether the dictionary is good or bad. The
German - English version of the Langenscheidt is very poor, because you are
directed to wrong translations because the description of the usage of each
lemma is very poor. I personally prefer Collins: German-English, English -German
dictionary", Collins, London & Glasgow (or Harper & Row, New York). The German
edition, available in Germany is called PONS: Collins, Deutsch-Englisch,
Englisch-Deutsch Großwörterbuch, Ernst Klett Verlag, Stuttgart. I don't know
whether you can download this. But this is the best German-English Dictionary.

Further I downloaded some dictionaries in different languages for free at
www.babylon.com This is also a very excellent dictionary.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Sylvia