[b-greek] Help on Teaching Contract Vowels

From: Charlie & Mary Jane Perkins (cmjp@goodnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 23:23:21 EDT

Hello All,

I'm teaching Greek to grammar school students, and I've been putting off
contract vowels because of the amount of material in the lists / charts /
tables. I expect that many adult learners intuitively translate these verbs,
but the younger ones seem to work better if they have something more

Does anyone have a song / chant / poem to aid memorization of vowel
contractions? (or a set of such memory aids?)

Please feel free to forward this message to other teachers or students of
Greek who might have some suggestions.

Charlie Perkins
Aletheia Classical
Christian School