[b-greek] PARARREW - Hebrews 2:1

From: John Wilking (johnwilking@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 00:35:12 EDT

I was attempting to do a semantic range of PARARREW some time back. I never
finished it, naturally, but I was left with two questions. The first
concerns a supposed use of PARARREW in Plutarch's Moralia 754A. I think
this is the place where he speaks of a ring "slipping" from a finger. Isn't
he using the verb PERIRREW? Second, I couldn't find a clear instance of the
verb meaning drift, of water flowing, but not of something drifting.
Anybody know of one?

John C. Wilking