[b-greek] Re: Acts 2:38

From: dbroking (dbroking@preferred.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 09:53:58 EDT

> Regarding Luke 11:32 and the use of EIS...
>
> Although EIS is used in many ways (including some idiomatic uses), its
> foundational meaning is toward, into, in, often with the idea of achieving
> a particular goal. I do not know that EIS is used in consequence of
> (because of) a goal already achieved.

 Dear Jim,
      Like yourself, I do not find EIS ever used in the New Testament
to look backward. The reference in Luke 11:32 has the people
repenting into the substance of Jonah's preaching. By changing
their minds, they changed directions from error into Jonah's message.

Darrell Broking, Preacher
Mountain City Church of Christ
206 Willow Circle
Mountain City, TN 37683
dbroking@preferred.com
Subscribe to Gems Of Truth. A free on-line monthly journal of Biblical
interpretation and exegesis.
To receive the weekly bulletin of the Mountain City Church of Christ send an
email to
MtnCityReminder-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.