[b-greek] Re: Luke 23:43 .Was the thief with Jesus in pardise the same day?

From: Mike Sangrey (msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 16:00:56 EDT

Jeffrey B. Gibson <jgibson000@home.com> said:
> Umm ... thanks for allowing me a voice, Mike,. But what I said that
> the Lukan text might have been intended to convey was: Truly I tell
> you, now that the great "Today" is upon us, you will be with me ....

<chuckle> Sure! And that's what I was trying to convey within the
bounds of an attempted translation. In other words, I didn't want to
go too far, but I did want to capture the probably intended markedness
within the bounds of this third way of understanding the text.

Note the capital `T' which is meant to convey that `Today' is the name
of something. With the interpretation you've suggested, `Today' is the
"great 'Today'".

In any case, it was probably best you clarified. I certainly did not want
to put words in your mouth (or pixels from your keyboard).
Mike Sangrey
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."