[b-greek] Re: Luke 23:43 .Was the thief with Jesus in pardise the same day?

From: Ted Mann (theomann@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 19:14:37 EDT

> There are points that can be discussed without making the decision on
purely
> theological grounds. One reason we do not primarily discuss the
theological
> grounds is because the theologies on this list differ dramatically, eg.
Ted
> Mann and Jeffrey Gibson. If someone wants to appeal to usage in the LXX or
> other parts of the NT (though there can be dramatic differences in
> grammatical usuages even in the NT), then do so. Any other messages wholy
> dependent on theology will result in the string being closed.
>
> Carlton Winbery

I don't know what theological issues Jeffrey and I disagree about, but I do
hope no one has concluded from any of my posts that I approve of theological
discussions on b-Greek. I wholly support approved policy. Sometimes, of
course, it's difficult to see exactly where the line is, but we should
always accept Carl's or Carlton's rulings on such matters. It would be
wonderful if we could debate theological issues, to the extent that such
debates might enhance meaningful translation, but that's an ideal that is
completely impractical, as I think we all understand.

Best.

Ted