[b-greek] Re: Rev 4.11 (breaking of Sharp's Rule)

From: Jason A. Hare (language_lover64801@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 06:16:10 EDT

> Sharp actually formulated 6 rules regarding use of the article, and
> yes, this is an OK construction. One of Sharp's rules dealt with it
> but I forget what he said about it since it's been over 20 years since
> I was able to get my hands on his book.
>
> Dave Washburn
> http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur

Dave,

I read through Sharp's book when I was at Ozark Christian College (where I
am no longer a student). I can go back to their library for a refresher
(I think I was a first-semester sophomore when I read it last). Thanks
for your reference, though. I'll go check out his book and see what he
has to say about this construction.

Regards,
Jason