[b-greek] Re: A digression from `Use of the article.. '

From: Clwinbery@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 20:48:29 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/01 12:14:57 AM, msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org writes:

>There's a town in the Midwest US which had a single store in it. The name?
>Well, `The Store' of course.
>
>Then the town grew some. Another store was built. Its name?
>Well, `The Other Store' of course.
>
>True story. You either went to The Store or you went to The Other Store.

If you drive up the main hwy from Columbia to Taylors South Carolina, you
pass a little village with no stop lights where the dominent building is a
barn like structure with wooden benches along the street side. The large sign
hanging from the top of the roof simply says "De Sto." I think of it every
time I see the aorist act subjunctive 1st sing. of hISTHMI (which does not
occur in the GNT).

Carlton Winbery
Louisiana College