[b-greek] KEFALH, hUPOTASSESQAI, H, AUQENTEIN, OUK ... OUDE

From: Richard Ghilardi (qodeshlayhvh@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 23:07:29 EDT

Dear B-Greekers,

Recently I received an e-mail from my Pastor asking me to comment on an
"open letter" he received from a well-known and well-respected leader
both within and without our denomination. This "open letter" poses six
questions/challenges to the Egalitarian position. In this case an
"Egalitarian" is one who believes that the Bible can be interpreted to
teach that men and women have equal authority to lead and teach in the
church.

Now I know some of you are thinking that I am about to instigate a
theological debate. Truly I am not!

Five of the six questions concern Greek grammar and lexicography. I am
inviting discussion on matters grammatical and lexical only. Because of
the length of the letter I have appended my abreviated version of it to
this post. The five questions/challenges center around the five (six)
Greek words in the subject of field of this post.

You may contact me off-list if you wish to make theological comments or
if you would like the complete text of the "open letter."

Yours in His grace,

Richard Ghilardi -- qodeshlayhvh@juno.com
New Haven, CT USA
Nibai kaurno hwaiteis gadriusando in airtha gaswiltith,
silbo ainata aflifnith: ith jabai gaswiltith, manag akran bairith.

Attachment Converted: "d:\program files\maildir\attach\Kefalh.doc"