[b-greek] Re: Classical grammar to Koine grammar

From: Patrick James (patrick@basil.u-net.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 07:19:39 EDT

> >>SW: TI DE hWN PERI MH TAUTA (ie TA AUTA) LEGOUSIN;
> >> hOION PERI MANTIKHS LEGEI TI hOMHROS TE KAI
> >> hHSIODOS.

> I would have thought this would be: "What about the subjects about which
> they don't say the same things, e.g. Homer says something about divination
> as does also Hesiod?"

Something is clearer in English than what, since TI is unaccented. LEGEI is
singular
so something like "and Hesiod does too" or your rendering should be used,
unless
Homer and Hesiod are to be taken as one unit, despite their disagreements.

I admit that my translation was too hurried. I really only wanted to
illustrate the present
tense used of an deceased author.

--
Patrick James - pat@patspad.net