[b-greek] Re: comfort and barrett

From: Eric S. Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:27:11 EDT

I noticed in the photographs of some of the manuscripts that this dieresis
or whatever it is appears to be written in the manuscript. I still cannot
determine what it might mean, though, or why the scribes did this on these
certain words (frequently on hINA). Maybe it's a breathing mark -- but it
doesn't appear over all initial vowels and it isn't exclusive to rough
breathings.

So ... any answer as to what it means or was used for, by either the
scribes or Comfort in his transcription?

Thanks!