[b-greek] Re: When is a form real?

From: Mike Sangrey (msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 13:14:58 EDT

"hefin jones" <hefinjones@hotmail.com> said:
> 1. The view of bilingualism advocated here is seriously flawed. True
> bilinguals don't privilege one language over the other(s) in their
> minds. In fact in certain contexts one can switch from one language
> to the other and back again without being especially conscious of
> doing so.

I should add to my previous comments that what I said should not
be construed to contradict Hefin's comment.

Someone, on this list in fact, told a story of a person speaking
in one language to her mother. She turned to her husband's brother
and spoke in English FULLY ASSUMING he had understood what she had
said to her mother.
Mike Sangrey
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."