[b-greek] 2Pet 3:6 DI' hWV

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 15:17:50 EDT

After spending about thirty minutes trying without much success to determine
the antecedent of DI' hWV in 2Pet 3:6 under my own steam, I grabbed Huther
(Meyer's Handbook) and discovered that my difficulty in this matter was not
without precedent.

Some of the suggested antecedents are listed here:

hUDATOS - Huther and others

LOGWi - JB Mayor who reads hON (P 69.vid 945 t vg.mss), rather than hWN.

OURANOI . . . KAI GH - Bo Reicke and others

hUDATOS and LOGWi - JND Kelly and others

A good summary of the views on this question can be found in R.Bauckham
(2Pt/Jude WBC p. 298).

If any of the b-greek crowd has taken a special interest in this question
and has some thoughts about it, I am all ears. I probably will not have much
more to say about it myself but I would like to hear what anyone who has
given this text serious consideration has to say.

Thanks,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew