[b-greek] RE: Genitive

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 17:33:25 EDT

on 10/27/01 1:59 PM, Iver Larsen wrote:

> God is an agent in the deep semantics but that is not what the genitive
> indicates.

Iver,

Thanks a lot. Now we are making some progress. So if I understand you
properly, the semantic (deep?) function of a constituent inflected for some
case may in fact be something which is not indicated by the case ending
itself. This concept sounds very reasonable to me. Now where to we go from
here . . .

Thank you very much. Reading all these long posts has been worthwhile. Time
consuming but worth the effort.

greetings to everyone,

Clay

--