[b-greek] Frequency of hOS

From: William W. Combs (wcombs@dbts.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 14:12:08 EST

I have been trying to correct some of the frequency usage data in Mounce's
first-year textbook as I teach from it this year. For hOS, on page 113,
Mounce gives the frequency as 1,365 times. This is the same number given in
a couple of other sources, Robert VanVoorst's Building Your New Testament
Greek Vocabulary (p. 21) and Warren Trenchard's The Student's Complete
Vocabulary Guide to the Greek New Testament. However, I suspect this figure
is low. Accordance gives the figure as 1407, and I don't know why that
figure should be wrong, but I notice that in Zondervan's new Greek English
Concordance to the New Testament, which was done with computer technology,
lists the figure as 1411. Any ideas?
Bill Combs
Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary