[b-greek] Use of MH

From: Stephen Ferguson (stphnfer01@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 04:21:02 EST

<x-flowed>
Hi, I am a first year Greek student and am de-lurking to ask a question.

I am studying James 4:11-12, and came across a comment in a commentary on
which I would like some clarification. The commentary stated that MH used
with a present imperative (KATALALEITE in this instance) indicates a command
to stop doing something rather than instruction to avoid doing it.

I didn't see this mentioned in other sources and would like to know if this
is a commonly used expression, and if it is definite enough to indicate that
James was issuing a command.

Thank you in advance,

Stephen Ferguson