[b-greek] Re: Lk 18:13; TWi hAMARTWLWi

From: Harry W. Jones (hjbluebird@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 17:42:50 EST

Dear Iver,

<<Excuse me for not having a copy of Wallace. My question is: Does he
recognize the use of the Greek article which corresponds to a relative
pronoun in English? I had a discussion with Moon Ryul-Sung about this back
in January on this list.>>

Yes he does. On page 213 of the first chapter on articles he says under
the title "Relative Pronoun".

"Sometimes the article is equivalent to a relative pronoun in *force*.
This is especially true when it is repeated after a noun before a
phrase(e.g.,a gen. phrase)." He then gives 1 Cor. 1:18 as an example. He
also
gives Luke 7:32, Acts 15:1, Phil. 3:9 and Jas.2:7 as illustrations as well
as a number of references too well.

Best Regards,
Harry Jones